Saturday 24 February 2007

Laptop Woe's

Well it's official my current bad run of luck with my PC's is getting worse. Tonight the laptop decided to start acting up, wireless kept dieing, the wireless card would just stop and then crash the pc. Not good. I definately decided that my Linksys WPC54G was the issue, and guess what it was. I dug out my spare card I got with a gateway I bought someone and slapped it in, and it worked fine. More worryingly is that the old card is only 9 months old with a revision number 3. My new card i got last month is version 7.1, that is a worrying jump is versions in 9 months. Now I'm thinking I must have had an old card initially but still version 7.1!! Must be something wrong with these cards and as such high revision number and why I'm on my third version in a little over a year. Maybe I should switch from using Linksys products.....

No comments: