Thursday 7 June 2007

Hackday Excitement

Well this evening has been exciting. Tonight Chris Alcock, Derek Fowler , Sunny Lum and myself got together for a pre Hack Day meeting. The purpose of which was to thrash out some idea's and possible hacks.

hack day ideas

After a good hearty takeaway and a few brew's we came up with a list of 4 possible ideas. Not a great list but some thing to start with. Now I won't go into our ideas for now however I can say it's alot harder to come up with ideas than it looks. What I think we struggled with was that as programmers, we automatically homed into the API's available, instead of looking at problems and then looking how we could use various API's to create this solution. We did make some headway though so that was good.

hackday backnetwork

Also tonight the hackday backnetwork was opened up and we got our profiles up. For now I have just put basic information up and my general avatar. All looks good so far with a basic chat facility and the seminar session list. This is where my current dilema resides, so far I know I'm going to the following sessions:
  • Yahoo! APIs: BBAuth and Yahoo! Mail
  • Yahoo! APIs: Maps, Local & Answers
  • Using the YUI Library
however i'm not sure what to do for the 13:00 - 14:00 slot, Flickr API or Pipes :S so if you have any ideas let me know! I suppose it all depends on which hack idea we go for and what will be of most use to us. At least i have a little over a week to decide ;)

No comments: