Saturday 16 June 2007

Welcome to Hack Day

The Train Journey

Well today started at the unearthly hour of 4am :( Once I was packed Hayley picked up Chris and myself and dropped us off at Lime Street. Here we met up with Derek, Kath and Thom with Sunny going to meet us in London. The train journey was abit of a failure, we had the grand idea of paying a little extra on our tickets and going first class for the nicer seats, free food and drink and an overall better experience. This however wasn't the case, they were short on staff so we ended up having to go to the Shop in coach C and get a free tea or coffee, a bottle of water and a biscuit :( While on our journey we tried getting internet access through my mobile on 3 as I have the X-Series package. We failed misserably, even though we got Chris' laptop hooked up via bluetooth, we couldn't for the life of us share this across our adhoc network with his Windows Vista. Thom then got us into playing the original Grand Theft Auto across the network, which he owned us at but hey :D We then arrived in London, found Sunny and then got a taxi to "Ali Pali"

Beginnings

As we arrived at 10:04 we were in the tail end of registration, this was a very smooth and quick process and i must say Hats Off to the organisers. I got a wrist band, 2 beer vouchers, a t-shirt and a "goodie" bag. The goodie bag had the usual leaflets and pens but there was also a very geeky but very cool keyring. A wifi finder :D I have actually wanted these for months and now I have one. It's only basic however it tells you is there a network available and how strong, but it's free ;) The T-Shirt is cool, my one is Navy and no doubt there will be some images taken and chucked onto Flickr later. We have now got straight into sessions. So far the ones I have atended are, bbAuth, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Maps and now Yahoo! Answers. For me these sessions have mainly only given me a few ideas, most of the stuff I have seen before but it's cool to put faces to names. We have also been dogged by Wifi issues :( Hopefully this will settle down soon. Gotta love BT :D Right off to grab a coffee and attend another Session, catch you later.

No comments: