Tuesday 16 September 2008

Welcome to Google Developer Day 2008

OK, I'm here, I have my shiny Google pass and a coffee I'm ready ;)


It all looks preety good so far, we strangly have a small wrapped up box which is for a session later.. I want to open it now but much like Christmas I'm thinking it may spoil it, apart from that upon arrival we are being showered in free coffee and pastries, if only I could eat the pastries I wouldn't be hungry, very good none the least.


Wembley Stadium is gorgeuos, it may have been over time and budget but it is beautiful, a nice venue to hold such an event in. I'll try to put some pictures online of the stadium later.


I have taken a few quick shots so far and will upload them to Flickr shortly, sadly I forgot my SLR and then Chris Alcock's small camera so alas it's LG "Viewty" quality only, I'll post later with more thoughts and ramblings about the day, given last night's performance though I'm thinking I need to scout out power sources soon!

Update
Google's WiFi has fallen over already and there's only 50 people here, I've switched to my 3G connection, it may be more reliable, although it will suck my battery quicker! Doh!

Pictures so Far

2 comments:

Mark Wilson said...

The Wi-Fi didn't fall over... some bright spark changed the SSID!

Great day though wasn't it?

Have a good trip back home.

Michael James said...

That is very true, I should have updated my post to reflect the true nature in my Wifi dropping out. I have to say the Wifi was rock solid for me all day, which was very good.

A good day had by all I think, the after show beers helped. The question is how many people are wearing there TShirts into work tomorrow.....